What is the AMAC Economic Opportunity and Policy Forum?
Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport (BWI Marshall Airport) will host the Airport Minority Advisory Council’s (AMAC) Economic Opportunity and Policy Forum from September 11 – 12, 2019 during Congressional Black Caucus Week. The forum will be held at the Washington Marriott Metro Center in downtown Washington, DC.
The Economic Opportunity and Policy Forum will feature presentations related to airport economic opportunities and AMAC’s federal legislative agenda. The forum will include panel discussions and a networking reception that will allow attendees to engage with policymakers regarding the aviation industry and the Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) program.
Who Should Attend?
- Aviation, airport and transportation executives
- Aviation, airport and transportation emerging leaders
- Industry consultants and engineers
- Marketing and business professionals
- Concessions and revenue team members
- Project managers and change agents
- Other industry professionals seeking to expand upon their change management leadership
Whether you are a skilled leader or an emerging leader, there will be something for everyone!
Which industries will be represented at the conference?
You’ll connect with women and minority owned businesses, Fortune 500 companies that are industry leaders in aviation, hospitality, travel and logistics, energy, retail, transportation, telecommunications, finance and banking to name a few, as well as federal, state and local government agencies.
How many attendees and exhibitors do you expect?
The forum is expected to attract up to 200 attendees. At this time, there are no exhibitor opportunities.
Do you publish the attendee list?
Yes, upon request. In addition, AMAC Members can utilize the membership directory in the AMAC Member portal to look up contact information for individuals within the network.
What can I expect from keynote speakers and panelists at the conference?
Speakers include nationally recognized experts in relevant topics on aviation, hospitality, transportation, business, government relations, finance and key trends. Top executives from major airports, airlines, hospitality groups and corporations who value the contributions of women and minorities in aviation with a proven track record of achievement have been invited to share their expertise through keynote speeches and by leading or moderating several workshops.
What is the dress code for the forum?
The recommended attire for all conference activities is business professional during business hours and cocktail attire / business casual for evening events.
Who should I contact for ad inquiries?
Contact Shahara Anderson-Davis, AMAC Communications & Event Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703.414.2622 x103.
What is the refund policy?
All sales are final and non-refundable. If you are no longer able to attend, AMAC staff can apply the applicable credit amount to your account in our portal that can be applied to future AMAC events.
Acknowledgement of Terms, Conditions & Policies
Sponsorship, exhibit and advertising opportunities are confirmed on a first-come, first-assigned basis. In accordance with the following items, conditions and regulations governing commercial support of AMAC's Economic Opportunity and Policy Forum, held by the Airport Minority Advisory Council (AMAC) on September 11-12, 2019, the undersigned hereby makes application for commercial support. When the application is accepted by AMAC it becomes a contract.
AMAC is dedicated to providing a harassment-free Conference experience for everyone regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, or religion. We do not tolerate harassment of participants in any form. Sexual conduct, language, or imagery is not appropriate for any Conference event. At the discretion of the Conference organizers, participants violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the Conference, without a refund. For avoidance of doubt, Harassment includes, but is not limited to:
- Verbal comments that reinforce social structures of domination [related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion].
- Sexual images in public spaces
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following
- Harassing photography or recording
- Sustained disruption of talks or other events
- Inappropriate physical contact
- Unwelcome sexual attention
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior
If someone makes you or anyone else feel unsafe or unwelcome, please report it as soon as possible to AMAC General Counsel or any AMAC staff.
Presentation / Speaker
As a speaker, I agree that AMAC and its successors, agents and licensees may, on a non-exclusive and royalty-free basis:
- Use my name, photograph and biographical data in connection with my presentation and reproduce, distribute and display my presentation; and
- Reproduce, distribute and display audio and/or video tapes or other reproductions of my presentation, in any media, in any language, including without limitation, use in other kinds of print media and electronic media (such as on-line systems, CD-ROM applications and multimedia products).
- The royalty-free license applies to my presentation and any audio or video transcript or reproduction of it, and to all tables, charts and other written or visual material I use as part of, or in support of, my speech.
- In case of any copyrighted material, I am the lawful copyright owner of the material or have obtained permission from the copyright owner to grant this license (a copy of written permission is attached). I will be responsible for holding harmless AMAC and reimburse it for any damage and expense that may incur because of any claimed or actual copyright infringement of any or all of the described material.
Name badges, passes and prepaid event tickets will be distributed at general registration during the forum. Passes and tickets will not be available before this time. Lost tickets will be re-charged at onsite rate.
Participants are encouraged to wear business professional attire unless otherwise noted.
Cancellation / Refund Policy
All sales are final and nonrefundable.
All AMAC sponsored receptions offer alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. Alcohol will not be served to any person under the age of 21. If you choose to consume alcohol, please drink responsibly.
Photo / Video
By registering and participating in this event, you consent to the recording of your likeness, image, and/or voice and authorize AMAC, and any AMAC duly authorized vendor to use photographs, video, and audio recordings containing your likeness, image, and/or voice in any medium for any purpose.